Daltry the Thespian

Holy Sh*t!  How can one not like the Tommy movie?  's a cinimatic
masterpiece.  Well maybe not a masterpiece, but 's still good cinema.  When
I was doing in-house care of developmentally disabled adults, there was a
film festival  centering on disabilities in film; and Tommy was included to
show some of the public's misconceptions of autism.  That deaf, dumb, and
blind kid's symptoms are very close to those of autism.  The fact that the
cause of Tommy's problems had to do with the behavior of his folks was cited
as a common myth of autism.  Personally, I don't think Pete had autism in
mind when he penned Tommy, but hey...Anyway, one of my "clients" was a big
Who fan, so we went along to watch the flick.

It's a good movie. I will admit that some of the singing was annoying, but
the music (as always) rocks; Daltry was great, that dorky smile on his face
during Sparks and Amazing Jouney (I think I have the songs correct, It's
been awhile) alone makes the movie worth watching.  Keith Moon with his bag
of enematic devices, hilarious.  It's a shame that the stage production of
Tommy will now be associated with (shudder) broadway.  I used to play bass
in pit orchestras, leave it to musical theater to strip all of the soul from
music.  Definately neck 'n neck with musak for the most vile form of music
that the human mind has concieved.

Well, see ya all soon
"Homerclese cares not for beans"
                 -Homer Simpson