RE: Jerry & The Who

 Hi,

  The Who/Grateful Dead connection goes back quite a ways...I've read a few
interviews with Jerry Garcia, and he often spoke very highly of Pete and
the band....I know the two bands played together a few times...(Cow Palace 74?)
 I think again in 76'....and in Germany in 81'.  I have a GD video called
"Backstage Pass", that briefly shows Pete on stage with the Dead in 81'.
 I love that little clip....Pete is dressed in black, slashing away on his
axe during "Not Fade Away", and Jerry has the biggest smile on his face watchinghim. I also have a book called, "The Grateful Dead Family Album" and there are
a few pictures of the Who and The Dead clowning around backstage before a show,
.....Keith Moon seemed to be enjoying himself :-)
 also in 1979, when the Dead played Egypt, they borrowed The Who's PA system.

 R.I.P. Jerry... :-(

 Sean