Re: who's Next - Aug?

On Thu, 3 Aug 1995 S94051010@ACS.SAULTC.ON.CA wrote:

>       It is not possible to recreate Lifehouse just as it is not possible to
>          recreate The Beach Boys' SMILE album - in both cases the albums as
>          intended were never finished. To recreate it they'd have to finish it

Lifehouse has really become quite a mystery, and Pete hasn't helped.  It
seems he's said something different about it in each interview he has given
over the years.  According to his interviews in Guitar World,
lifehouse/who's next has been recorded in its entirty somewhere between
3-15 times.

These are the two most interesting versions of the story I've read:
1) Lifehouse was completed as a multiple disc album, but because of a
mistake Kit Lambert made they needed a single album.  So, they
re-recorded the songs they chose for who's next.

2) 26 songs were recorded for who's next as a double album.  They decided
for commercial reasons to go with a single album, so the best 9 songs were
chosen.

Anyway, it does sound like lifehouse (or at least a very long who's next)
was completed in the studio, maybe even two or three times.

>       Lastly if they could find all the tapes that comprise a completed
>          Lifehouse in acceptable condition it would almost definitely
>          constitute a double CD package - and I have heard no word from any
>          knowledgable source which would suggest this as the case.

It would certainly have to be two discs.  I think you're right here.
Once again, for some reason, they seem to want to go with a single disc.
So, unless that changes, it seems that there still won't be a completed
lifehouse story released.

Luke Munro