Re: Melody Maker review of AQO/WSO

Well, Kevin was pretty much right on.  I suppose I don't share the admiration
that some have of Townshend's ideology, (though he is a really insightful
guy)  but my admiration of his music
pre '75 is one of the most important parts of my musical life.

Now, it boils down to this with me.  If'n a dude must ride in limos, snort
coke, and screw tons of girls (guys) to make music great, so be it.  In
general, though not always, the best music is made by hungry up and coming
dudes and for maybe an album or two after they don't have to wonder when
their next meal is on the table.  But of course there are notable exceptions
to this. I DON'T CARE! Good music comes first and foremost! I ain't listening
to someone's damned personal life; I am listening to them strum the damned
guitar for chrissakes!

And hey, there's tons of good new stuff.  There was a bit of a lapse in
the spring, but now a whole slew of stuff is coming out, and much of it
is truly great music.  So I don't get too hung up on reflection of rock's
"classic" era.  In ways it is happening now.  It really does reinvent itself.
People out there get bored and tired of hearing the same old shit on KGON
(replace this with your local M.O.R. rock station) hammered home ad nauseum.
I'm too busy having a good time.

But back to the Who, those two albums are great, and the work done was great,
and all I can say is, Keep plugging away at it and get 'em all done.

And hey, concerning music reviewers, I'm sure they loved Hootie and the Blowfish and the Hooters and the Dave Matthews Band and all that malarkey.  But if I
bought all/only the CDs that they'd want me to buy, my collection would certainly suck.  As it is, my collection is abso-goddam-lutely perfect.

Whew!

JW