Re: psychoderelictSun Dec 7 12:29:54 PST 1997

Dave Elliott writes:

>Those of you who like it a lot - where do you rank it compared to Empty

>Glass, Chinese Eyes, and White City (his other 3 true solo albums)?  I'm

>interested in what you see in it compared to the other works that I seem to

>be missing.

     Originally I wasn't thrilled with PD but the more I listened to it, the
more it

grew  on me and now I love it and I blast it all the time.

     I think it has the energy contained in Empty Glass and White City, like
in the

songs "English Boy (my favorite)", "I Want That Thing", and "Don't Try To
Make Me

Real.  I also think PD can be compared to Chinese Eyes in it's softer songs
like "I Am

Afraid (my 2nd favorite)," "Outlive the Dinosaur," and "Fake It."

     Musically I don't think it's his best work.  Some of the songs are less

complex.  But he even stated  in an interview that a some of  the songs were
just 3

chords.  But most of the songs are still powerful and his singing lines are
really strong.

     Empty Glass will always be my favorite of PT solo.

Sue

"This is not a f*cking request hour, ya know.  I play whatever the f*ck I
like, alright.  'Ya

ever think I would work for 30 years to get to this place to have these
f*cks tell me

what to play...I heard you, what do you think I am deaf?". - PT, Beacon
Theater,7-13-93

(Pete was on his short drinking binge at this concert)