Angie/Psychoderelict

"Peppermint Lump" and the b-side "Breakfast in Naples" were written by
JAMES Asher not Jane and as far as I know, NOT Paul's ex-lover :)

_Psychoderelict_ brought me back to Pete Townshend after _Iron Man_ drove me
away (Thanks again Gene for the tapes, thank you thank you thank you!!). I
already hated Ted Hughes so I didn't expect to like IM too much but the music
totally bored me as well. PD was a revelation -- the old man still had it!
The first smashing cords of "English Boy" were all the convincing I needed. I
recommend getting both. The shallow souls who tell you get the music only are
just wrong.  A couple weeks ago I went through yet another period of listening
to PD -- not PDMO (Music Only aka Pseudoderelict) over and over, at least once
a day. Perhaps what appeals to me is its intimate look at the creative process
-- something I find myself involved in. No, not in the same way, I'm not a
musician but a writer. But the whole push and pull, mutual manipulation (no,
its not all sex!) and the exhoration from Ray Haigh that "you can use the pain"
is applicable to any kind of creative endeavor. It's a great story, funny,
tense and thought-provoking.

But get PDMO too -- because the music is great, meaty, beaty, big and BOUNCY.
I made the mistake of shooting a video with it playing in the background and
nothing could be heard over the blare of "English Boy" -- it's a great collec-
tion of songs which run through a lot of Pete's favorite themes: pretention,
love, sex, attitude, loss and hope/dreams. Great driving music -- great any-
thing music. I blast it out into the air here by my house on the river and I
think the animals come out to hear it.  Just kidding. They hide.

It's the best he's done -- in a long time. Buy it!
Kate Laity                             kal93003@uconnvm.uconn.edu

MISERUM NOLI IRRIDERE         http://www.ucc.uconn.edu/~kal93003/