More on Winwood, and I really get off track...

Yeah, I just want to say in conclusion that as a I, as a big fan of early punk, remember Winwood being
quoted as saying that he had to lay low during punk's first wave becuase his style of music fell out
 of favor.  Well, if it's the  sludgy style bland pablum he has the habit of doing, and particularly
 with him being the darling of all these ultra-conservative rock radio stations infecting Portland,
the less the better.  Now, before you jump all over me, I do really love the Traffic, Spencer Davis,
and Blind Faith stuff I have heard.  I think he like so many others just lost their focus and the music,
 particularly his, which was always kinda mellow and what have you, became blander.  Shit compare the
Clash's 1st Album (import only) to their second.  Or Generation X's first to their second.  Its
amazing that both bands, who had absolutely classic 1st albums with a hit ratio (good songs/all
songs on the album) of 100.00% then went to 0.00%. The Jam: In The City 80%.  This is the Modern World:
90%.  All Mod Cons (considered their best album, but they were being pretty consistent by this time) 93%.
Setting Suns:  75%.  Then Weller got into his Motown crap and the whole thing fell apart.
BuzzCocks:  All albums:  100%.  All singles (A sides - they were really big on
singles) 100% - they just didn't really have a bad tune in them.

That's how I feel about the Who, (getting back to a related topic) of their hit ratio:  All albums up
to and including Quadrophenia (100.00%).  Who By Numbers (45%). All others (<5%).  It's just how I hear
it.  Hell, I heard the albums when they came out and that's my 1st and lasting impressin of how things
went down...  Don't worry, it just makes me a bigger fan of their because I know what those guys are
capable of - Particularly Pete Townshend.  God am I rambling!!!!
JW