Re: The Who's tours...

 Ian and all,

 I think, (I could be wrong good folks...) that it was common practice of
the major "british invasion" bands to not play in Japan, and that Deep
Purple broke new ground by playing there.

 I think (again I may be wrong) that the lp "Made in Japan" by Deep
(1972) *was* a "point" that Japan did love rock and roll, and that a band
could be successful there, on a tour.

 To bring this back to THE WHO, yes, I totally agree with you as to the
who and Japan. The Who would have been received in Japan, IMHO, and
should have toured there.

 Another aside, I await the coming new cds....
:-)