Re: crosspost:who as punk

> The Who were belting out great punish songs way ahead of their time, and
> deserve all the credit for the birth of punk.  Songs like, "My Generation,
> ""I Can See For Miles,""Substitute,"and,"I'm a Boy" all contain the tight,
>  kick ass drumming, hard playing, youthful, anti-society tunes that we
> consider the ingrediants of a great punk band.  But what made them unique
> was that musically they were far superior talent-wise to any of their
> contemporaries, and
> they weren't copying an established idea, they were making it up as they
> went along.  The essence of punk.
> -
>   Goo-Boy  XJFR41B@prodigy.com

"In my imagination, I invented punk rock a thousand times."
				--Pete Townshend

Laura Plummer				* "Let's face it, you can't worship
Graduate School of Lib and Info Sci	*   a guy for destroying an
University of Texas at Austin		*   instrument in the name of rock."
liquid@fiat.gslis.utexas.edu		*        --Pete Townshend