Henry Purcell

>        I believe, if I am not mistaken, that "In the Hall of the Mountain
>King" is from the "Peer Gynt Suite" by Edvard Grieg.

I've never heard this, but Grieg IS a real composer and I wouldn't be
surprised if Pete had a go at him.  Kit Lambert got Pete interested in
classical music, and encouraged him to write an opera.  Pete was/is also a
fan of 16th-17th century composer Henry Purcell.  Check out some of his
work and you'll definitely see the influence.

Joe Grimes     Cincinnati, Ohio     jgg@iac.net