Re: Hall of the Mountain King?

Wes,

This is one the songs recorded for the instrumental EP that Pete talks about
in the 30 yrs video.  I believe the tracks were recorded in early 1968.  I
have the Who The F*ck boot with this track and two more "Batman" (not the one
on the Ready Steady Go EP),  and another with a made up title "Who The F*ck."
  These recordings sound very different from others the band did at the time.
 A effort was made to get a "live sound", consequently, the guitar and bass
sound much like the Fillmore East '68 tape.  These are very heavy and brutal
recordings compared to stuff like "Dogs" which was released around the same
time these were done.  I can why they didn't release them there is nothing
commercial about them.  The group was still a singles band (not for long) at
the time.

BTW, Hall of the Mountain King is a classical recording.  I forgot who
composed it.  When I took a classical music course in College, the professor
played a symphony recording of this.  I was thrilled, as it was one of the
few I knew the "Name" of.

Bruce