new member introduction & questions

Dear WHO-Hotline, WHO network or whatever you call this thing,   Sept.29, 94

I've been listening in for about 3 weeks now and thought it was about time
that I introduced myself.  My name is David Fiore, age 30, and I am currently
living in Naples, Italy working as an electrical engineer. I grew up in
upstate N.Y., Rome to be specific.

I've been a WHO fan (fanatic) ever since I heard the WHO ARE YOU album, while
in high school back in 79.  Being thus bitten by the bug, I then proceeded to
buy anything I could get my hands on concerning the WHO.  I really identified
with the WHO's aura of total energy and captivating life-force. The way the
band could play as total individuals, yet in total harmony at the same time
fulfilled my desires for the ultimate rock band.

When the WHO played Toronto (July, 80 I believe), my parents wouldn't let me
go to a rock-concert.  But finally my Dad decided to make a family trip out of
it and personally took me to the concert. That was my first WHO-live experience,
sitting way up in the nose-bleed section of the stadium, and since then I have
managed to move up in the world of WHO concerts.  From there I saw half of a
concert in 82 (it's long story involving my short-lived time at the Coast Guard
Academy, with no leave permission at the time).  But then my real break came
in 89, which first started with my standing in line for 16 hours at Radio City
and finally getting decent tickets for the TOMMY show.  I saw other numerous
shows on the 89 tour and then through a friend of a friend of a friend ... I
somehow got in contact with some real WHO fans (I had never really met anyone
with the same passion that I had for the WHO) and decided (against all pratical
reasoning) to journey with these people (strangers at the time, except for
phone contact) across the ocean to see 6 WHO gigs in their first stomping
ground - London!  The end of the 89 tour culminated with 2 TOMMY shows at the
Royal Albert Hall, at which I was able to move up to an empty 2nd row seat,
at most 5 feet from the small stage!! That was all quite an expereince to say
the least, especially meeting the members of the band and Irish Jack (who told
numerous WHO stories until wee hours of the morning in our WHO-hotel room).
My newly found friends, which I then came to know and love made the trip even
more enjoyable. We still keep in contact to this day. Since then I've seen a
couple of PT shows (with the same group from the London trip) and a Daltry
show.  All in all I consider myself pretty lucky, but still can't helping
dreaming of what it really would have been like to see the WHO in their prime.

I hope I haven't bored too many people with this, but I thought it best to
introduce myself before I start sending messages on the network. Anyway, to
get down to business, I have many questions which I've been wanting to ask
but will start with only these few as follows:

1) Can anybody give more accurate information on the upcoming WHO weekend on
VH-1 and TBS?  I can't get the info here in Italy and I want my sister to
tape it for me (I trust a WHO fan more then my sister for this info). This
would be a great help to me.

2) In the box-set, what exactly does it mean when they say the song has been
remixed?  I could swear on some of the songs it sounds as if they've actually
added stuff. One example - Join Together has a flute at the end that I could
swear isn't there on the version I have (I don't have my orignal version from
Rarities here in Italy with me).

3) While I'm on the subject of the box-set I have a mundane question that's
been bugging me:  Why on earth would they cut the top of Pete's head off
of the photo on the cover of the box-set?

Thanks for everyone's time.  Also excuse the spelling (I don't have my MAC
spelling checker).  It's been great tuning in these weeks.

ciao,

David