Re: trivia: The AM Sound

> It's not that I doubt you.... But in the John interview I just read
> today (here), he clearly states that there was no AM and FM.... So why would
> there be anyway of distinguishing "AM"? Maybe it's the heavy effects used?...

 Well I used to listen to Radio London - 266 metres Medium wave (AM)
 and the jingle there, said "IN Sound".

 Since the station was US owned - part of the J.Walter Thompson
 advertising group - it's not surprising that most of the jingles,
 as someone pointed out, were US-recorded station id's with
 "Radio London" quite crudely dubbed on the end or inserted
 at the appropriate point.

.\\