am vs fm

wrt the mayor's comments, what John said was that there was no fm broadcasting
at the time...it was all am. That didn't mean that the am broadcasts were not
referred to as "AM". After all, everyone else in the world had FM broadcasting
and the audience for Radio London would be aware of what it meant.

I think it's also important to remember that the jingles were done by an
American company (I don't know if they are -real- Radio London jingles or just
fake ones created by The Who & Co.) and the distinction would have been
important to anyone in the radio industry here in America.

Mike