trivia: The AM Sound

After more comments on this forum, I dragged out my CD of WhoSellOut and
listened carefully on Mike's Pretty Good Stereo. It is definitely "The
AM Sound" with a lot of speed-up/slow-down distortion on the phrase. God
only knows why they did that. BTW, how come no comments on the fact that
the jingles were clearly recorded in America (American accents and all)
for "Radio London".? Radio London, was it a shipboard pirate broadcaster
like Radio Caroline? I seem to recall some comment in Who materials
(perhaps in the backgrounder for Quadrophenia) that the pirates had
revolutionized the pop radio consciousness of the day.

Mike Ward	mjward@mv.us.adobe.com