Re: A rambling treatise.

> PT is one of those geniuses, like Keith Richards, who can play very
> simple chord/note combinations, vary the timing and leave gaps.

 In the days before the California School of Instituional Guitarists
 that used to be what we called being Good !

> Now, the thing about PT's playing is that technically it isn't difficult, but
> very hard to copy,

 Aka Character, Personality, Style.

> what he has played. I have this view about Keith Richard's and some others but
> not about guys like Jimmy Page, Van Halen, S.R. Vaughan etc., or even about
> Hendrix. They are technically hard but less stylistic when you consider their
> total playing - lead and rhythm. When Page plays a chord he does it like anyone

 Page is a bore. You're right except on Hendrix. Hendrix had an almost
 piano-like style playing melodic figures on top of rythym parts. All
 at once I mean, not overdubs. Richards & PT are great ryhtm guitarists.

 I wish the fuck I could ever spell rythym the same way twice.

.\\