Re: Keef

Cathy37867@aol.com writes:

> I read  that Pete once said his favorite letter he's received over the years
> was from Keith Richards.

> It read,

> Dear Pete,
> Shut up.

Absolutely excellent example.  This anecdote was told
(in the Feb. 94 Playboy interview, right?) in the context
of Pete discussing how unintentionally revelatory (and
simultaneously long-winded) his interviews can be.

Keith's response is perfect in its ambiguity: it simultaneously chides
PT's pretension, and offers friendly, genuinely useful advice to a
longtime colleague on Things Not to Do in interviews, from a master.

I *love* this story, and had forgotten it.

|Tony Rzepela              |<rzepela@cvi.hahnemann.edu>|                     |