Nicky Hopkins dies and Keith Richards....

In the Rolling Stones newsgroup I read that Nicky Hopkins has died.
I believe the official press release listed the Kinks and Stones as
the major bands he's played with, but let's not forget the Who.
IMHO he is what made "The Ox" a great song.  I also like his
eloquent playing on "They're All In Love"  from "...By Numbers".

Keef:

In everything I've read, it seems Keith Richards sees Pete and the
Who as a band that annoys him.  I remember in Maximum R+B by Richard
Barnes (I loved that book so much the binding fell apart) that Pete
asked Keith if he could use the windwill style, which Keith "sorta"
did in the early Stones concerts.  Keith's response was  "I
don't care"... basically he was saying "yeah whatever kid, get out
of here".  We all know the Who had this bow down attitude toward the
Stones (witness 1967 and the drug bust protest tunes) and maybe
Keith treated them on a lower level, and not as an equal.  Though I
haven't seen the PBS Who special, I've read that Keith again
displays the same attitude in the show.  Is this all a long running
joke or what?  Does anyone know the real relationship between them?