RE: Who videos (& Tape Tree)Sun Dec 7 12:14:22 PST 1997

>Date: Fri, 02 Sep 94 13:44 CDT
>From: John Johanneson <JOHANNESON@macc.wisc.edu>
>Subject: Who videos
>5914012 ENGLAND 1974 British tv ct..........................VG- 35
If anyone was going for this selection, note that The Beeb repeated this
last year and should therefore be around in high quality.  This programme
was also the source of the Melvin Bragg interview with Pete in TKAA.
[The Beeb also transmitted an edition of The Whole Scene Going On from 1966
 - this is the source for some on the b&w interview material with Pete in
TKAA - "If you listen the Beatles in stereo they're flipping lousy".  Can't
recall quite what was played- perhaps 3 tracks from MG LP (certainly Out In
The Street).

>From: csc2imd@cabell.vcu.edu (Ian M. Derby)
>Subject: Can we start a tape tree?
>Date: Fri, 2 Sep 94 23:51:32 EDT

That's the first sensible thing I've heard this week!   Obvious candidate I
guess is "From Lifehouse To Leeds" but it sounds like quite alot of poeple
already have this!  Still, I'll kick off with some kind of a list of good
quality material.

 -Marquee 1963 (!?  Can't believe that's the right date.  Can't even recall
what's on it...)
 -Sell out outtakes (various sources/boots - anyone know which is the best!?)
 -Fillmore 1968 (perhaps best to wait for the reissue)
 -Live Tommy (I could offer the Amsterdam 1969 concert - stereo Radio
broadcast)
 -Woodstock
 -BBC sessions
 -From Lifehouse...
 -Rockpalast

I'd personally like to get hold of Tales Of The Who.

MCW