30 years and then some

First, thanks to fellow netter and Whohead Michael McHugh, I finally got
a copy of the video that everyone's talking about. For some reason, it's
still not on sale here...Oh well, chalk one up for the wholist.

I must admit that it's better than I had even imagined. It makes me *sick*
to think I paid $30 for a copy of the whole Tanglewood show - which
the quality is so poor that you can barely tell who's who. I can't get over
the clarity of some of these live shows...Isle of Wight totally kicks my ass!
That has *got* to be the coolest version of Young Man Blues ever.

There are a couple of things I noticed-
-Did anyone notice that on 'Sister Disco' it looks like half of Pete's
eyebrow is shaved and he's got stitches there? Maybe I'm just seeing things...
-Why did Kenny Jones get full credit and Simon Phillips not?

As far as intense moments go, I liked 'Anyway,Anyhow,Anywhere', where Pete
breaks a string and tosses his guitar down, only to start tuning another one
in the middle of the song. The windmills in YMB are as intense as any I've seen.
John's skeleton suit is killer. Roger sings BBE with more intensity than I've
ever, ever seen him. I swear, he looks like he's gonna pull somebody out of
the crowd and kick his ass. And Keith is wide open the whole way. After
seeing more footage of him, I really think KJ got a bad rap. He really is a
great drummer. The only thing he's guilty of is replacing Moon. In any other
lineup, he would be revered. It seems like Pete, Roger, and Keith all have
their nights, but there are also some songs that just didn't seem to 'click'.
But John is the true constant. He really is the anchor of the band - more so
than Moonie. I think I've gained a new respect for him.

The only complaint I have is the same complaint I had with the box set -
Now that I've seen that this footage exists in good quality, it leaves us
with the challenge of finding the rest of it....

-the mayor