Pete and Roger solo tours

Well, its been a few days, but this is the first time I've been on-line since
Roger's Great Woods show.  I have also read the comments on Pete's tour, so
I thought I would throw my 2 cents and review in.

I liked Roger's show more than I thought I would, but still found it somewhat
lacking.  The arrangements were often very similar to those on the last several
Who tours, and there was relatively little improvisation.  While Simon T. was
clearly onstage to take some of Pete's role (musically, he contributed little
to the mix) and did have a good stage presence, I really felt the whole band
needed someone to be the focus.  On the 30 years video, Pete talks about how
the Who were competitive visually on stage, and John never tried and Roger just
lost.  I sort of felt that showed through.  Roger's voice was good, and his song selection was terrific.  I did think the Quadrophenia section was absolute
magic, John is still a god on bass, the acoustic Naked Eye was wonderful, and
it was great to heara real fiddle in
(oops - sorry about the typos) in Baba O'Riley.  It was a very good concert - itwas certainly, in my book, not a great concert.  A Who fan will enjoy it, and
should definitely see it as it comes around.

Now, on the other hand, I thought the PT concert at Great Woods in 8/93 was a
truly great concert.  One never knew what was coming next, and it had the int(ignore that) intensity and unpredictable nature that the best who concerts had.That was especially true when all the Psychoderelict stuff failed miserably,
and Pete put all of that energy into a Magic Bus that would have made any Who
fan's hair stand on end.

Well, enough from me.  Please don't flame me if you don't agree - I know everyone else on the list has loved Roger's tour.  But, having seen the Who themselves
for so many years, and seen the intensity that PT put into his show, I felt
that there was a little something missing from this one!

Best - Mason