Heaven and Hell Lyrics

  REGARDING           Heaven and Hell Lyrics
FWIW, many years ago, I sang in a band that played Heaven and Hell.  Having
listened to the studio version on the lp, "The Ox," these were the lyrics
we sang:

On top of the sky is a place where you go
if you've done nothing wrong,
if you've done nothing wrong

And down in the ground is a place where you go
if you've been a bad boy,
if you've been a bad boy

Why can't we have eternal life, and never die,
never die

In the place up above you grow feather wings
and you fly, round and round
with a harp singing hymns

And down in the ground you grow horns and a tail
and carry a fork,
and moan and wail

Why can't we have eternal life, and never die
never die.

Todd