Re: favorite Moon vehicle

Rich writes:

>... I was wondering what everyone else's favorite Moon vehicle was?  In other
>words, what's the song you think shows off Moon's talents the most?

If I can only pick one, I'd have to say 'The Rock' from Quadrophenia.  In an
album FULL of great music and great KM work, this song shines.

Others have written recently about Moon, Bonham and assorted jazz drummers.  I
think comparing Moon and Buddy Rich is like comparing a fish to a donut: why
would you want to?

Finally, I too watched the Zep specials this weekend.  This is probably showing
my age, but I was a big fan of Zep AND the Who during the heydays of both
bands, and still remain a big fan of both.  I agree that the Who is a far
superior live band.  It was really good to see Jimmy and Robert playing
together and playing within their abilities, which is something I wish the Who
would do more of... sort of acknowledging what they *were* (which, sadly,
cannot be regained) without cheapening it.

OK,
KLW

PS:  Life sucks... I received a notice Saturday that the DST show in Eugene has
been cancelled.  There was apparently a conflict in scheduling that required
that the WHOLE Northwest leg be cancelled.  Anybody know what's up with this?