The Who are not the Beach Boys

Some of you are really touchy touchy.  I apologize for my "Who On
ICE" comments.  I was showing my frustration more than
anything else in the VH1 special because I was really looking
forward to taping the concert.  When I was watching the Eagles
totally crush the Niners knowing I could've taped that instead I
was a little bent out of shape.  I should know that the '89
tour was not THAT bad.  In fact I taped the Radio City, and Dallas
shows of the '89 tour and both were fantastic.  The sound quality of
the Giants show is not anywhere near what you get on the 30 years
video either. This could also make a tremendous difference in
perception.  But that sad excuse for concert footage made me want to
get "Who Rocks America", and I always believed that to be the
lowpoint in their career.  This is not to say the Who were bad under
Kenny Jones.  In fact I think the Chicago '79 footage is very
exciting because at that time the band was still improvising.
"Music Must Change" is just incredible.

-----------------------
Keith:

I've been thinking about Moon's death recently and wondered how long
the Who would've lasted had Moon not died.  Wasn't the band really
on the verge of breaking up around that time?  I don't think they
had planned to tour, but this could correlate with Moon's and
Townshend's deteriorating health.

Anyway, it's possible the Who could've split in '79 and re-joined in
the mid 80's for their inevitable reunion.  Knowing that Moon is a
drummer that relies a lot on energy and agression, do you think they
could've pulled it off?  I couldn't see Moon in his late 30's and
early-mid 40's doing what he did in his 20's.  Of course he could've
changed his style of drumming with age but have been able to keep
that chemistry between Entwistle and PT.   What could've been.