accept no substitute

> although this boot says it's from san francisco, in reality it is from the
> fillmore east in new york city,  oct. 21 (off the top of my head) 1969.
>    this bootleg was stupidly and very carelessly
> mastered at the wrong speed, but that can be corrected if you have acsess to
> variable pitch control tape deck.   this tape is a good examle of what astley
> describes (incorrectly) as pridden's two mic booteg sound quality set-up.
>    sounds exactly like live at leeds.....

So there are TWO Who bootlegs floating around where the speed is a
half step slow?  "San Francisco '71" from Black Dog IS from 1971
since most of the CD is Who's Next material.  This can also be fixed
with a tape deck with variable pitch (which I luckily have).
Unfortunately the speed is uneven in various places, so if you're
creating a new tape you must adjust the pitch as the recording
progresses.

There must've been a soundboard recording from this same show
because there is NO WAY the commercial versions of Bargain and
"Goin Down" (from the Naked Eye jam) came from this source.  The
bass is non existent during most of the show.