Saturday night's ... questions

    Date: Fri, 18 Nov 1994 08:26 CST
    From: tgrier@vax2.winona.msus.edu (Tom Grier)

    At first I thought it was just Roger solo, but in the
    second part of the song ("Take Me To The Pilot"?) I'm pretty sure I head
    Pete on backing vocals.

As mentioned previously, Pete takes over lead vocals on that brief bit
of TMttP.  I remember thinking at the time that due to this, The Who's
track is the only one on the album that has more than one John/Taupin
song in it.  The "ground rules" were apparently that each artist would
pick a (i.e., one) John/Taupin song they especially liked and do it; in
typical break-the-rules fashion, Pete dropped a few bars of TMttP into
the middle of "Saturday Night."

Alan