Astley: Saturday Night's

	I was taking a look at the web page the other day and noticed
that under "Who associates," Jon Astley is listed and it says he played
drums on "Saturday Night's Alright for fighting."  First of all, I think
his involvement in other past Who projects should also be mentioned (I
can't remember which ones right off) and it should also be mentioned
that he is PT's brother-in-law.
	But the main point I wanted to address was this thing about him
playing drums.  Ever since I bought the Elton John/Bernie Taupin tribute
album, I've been under the impression that it's a drum machine(say it
ain't so.)  Yeah, I know, the mere thought of it makes me sick too, but if
you listen closely, everything sounds a little too perfect.  Also, if you
look at the liner notes, no drummer is listed.  Astley is listed as
"programmer" (among other things.)  This suggests to me a computer or
synth generated drum part.  I realize there are other synth parts in the
mix but I still think the drums are digital too.
	If somebody can come up with some evidence to the contrary I'd be
more than happy to change my mind.  I know Keith's never coming back, but
I'd rather see him replaced by Ringo Starr than a computer.  Well, I
guess I won't go that far. :) Anyway, somebody please prove me wrong.

shanon

Shanon Dell                     |
Radio/Television Broadcasting   |  "Deaf, dumb, and blind boy, he's in a
University of Montana           |   quiet vibration land..."
tommy@selway.umt.edu            |                   -- The Who's "Tommy"