Re: old Pete news/quotes re: new Who

Legalize Adulthood! <legalize@xmission.com> writes:

> Am I the only person that is greatly relieved that The Who's last
> "official" studio album turned out to be _It's Hard_ rather than the
> anemic _Face Dances_?

Count me in! I think "It's Hard" and "Cry if you Want"  are
fantastic, first-rate Who stuff - of the caliber that we hadn't
heard since "By Numbers" (and with the exception of "You Better
You Bet".)

There's a couple others on the record whose names fail me now
which are "pretty good" - still a higher recommendation (IMHO)
than "Face Dances".

> It was 1982 at JFK Stadium in Philadelphia;
> check Wes Biggs' hypertext who concert list for the exact date.

September 25. Two concerts were originally
scheduled, but the tickets weren't moving, so they
cancelled one, and overstuffed a single show.

Not to mention the stage, by having BOTH the Clash and
Santana perform as opening acts. (After "The Hooters". Christ.)

I enjoyed the show a lot, myself. Particular standouts
(from memory) for me are "It's Hard" and "Twist and Shout".

Which I guess brings us to the fact that the "Who Rocks America"
from 1982, w/ Kenny, _was_ an official release, even if it was
only videotape.

Tony