Re: Farewell Tour '82 book

> Subject: '82 Farewell Tour - The Book
> Does anyone besides me have this book ?
I do; it's a little gossipy at times, but a nice chronological narrative.  I
especially enjoyed that tour (saw 'em two nights in a row).  Looking back, I
didn't realize at the time that it would be the last time I would see them
without the "supporting cast of thousands" (horns, backup singers, extra
keyboardists, etc.) that I feel drown out the Who sound (as seen/heard on the
'89 shows).  The book has great photos, even though it was not a banner period
for PT's fashion sense...

> How about "The Who In Their Own Words" ?
I love this book dearly -- even more than Barnes' "Maximum R&B."  Any Who fan
should have it.

OK,
KLW