Rat Race Choir

I remember seeing John and this Rat Race Choir Band at the Trocadero in
Philadelphia. I guess it was 1988.  We met John after the show and spoke to
him a bit.  I thought the shows were pretty weak. I was expecting to hear
John's tunes (hey, how about "peg Leg Peggy?)  but all I heard was a Who-wanna
be band and Boris the Spider (somebody kill that song).  I guess
there were a few John tunes included, but my overall impression was that
the show, while being in a great venue, had a lot to be desired.  I forget
the singer's name though.
Hugh