Who Box Set Information

	I just found this in the latest Rolling Stone issue---the Who is
finally putting out a serious box set.  It will be released by MCA on May 20
and it is entitled "Thiry Years of Maximum R&B".  With four CDs and a photo-
filled 72-page booklet, it will probably be up in the $60-70 price range.
Aparently, it's quite good, although Daltrey wishes they had included some
more obscure and remixed tracks.
	It has 79 tracks, beginning with "I'm the Face" and ending with their
cover of E. John's "Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting". It has all the
classics (I'm assuming), plus some live cuts, and outtakes like Keith Moon's
BBC comedy sketches.
	Townsend, who has included an essay entitled "Who Cares" in the set,
is still the bands "harshest critic" saying "I don't like the Who very much"
Even so, there are rumors that he and Daltrey are "threatening" a reunion
this spring for the 30th anniversary and box set release.
	Who knows?  I guess will have to cross our fingers, wait, and see.

			Jeff Goodwin (goodwijr@craft.camp.clarkson.edu)