R Sings T tour postponed

Due to John hurting his hand (don't know how or how bad it is) the
Daltrey Sings Townshend tour has been postponed to start July 30 in
Denver.  The LA show has been rescheduled from July 1st to October 15;
no word yet on reschedule dates for other shows.

This tour seems to be a real screwup.  There has been constant
hesitation to release concert dates and venues, and frequent revision of
the dates that _have_ been released.  This hesitation led to the most
desirable venues and schedules being booked by other acts before Roger
(or his management company) committed to anything (or possibly before
they even knew what they wanted), which led to Roger having to scramble
for what was left.  This meant odd and undesirable schedules, like
playing one-night stands 500 miles apart, or playing nearby venues (like
LA and Irvine) only days apart (July 1st and the 8th).  Originally it
was said he'd do 90 dates over the summer; now with the latest
rescheduling he won't play the first date till the summer's 2/3 over and
will go into October.  Friends of mine said they wouldn't be surprised
if the tour is canceled altogether, or after the West Coast dates.  At
this point I'll believe it when I'm in my seat.

Alan