Jimmy Page on ICE?

Did Jimmy Page really play on I Can't Explain?  I've heard stories
that a session between Townshend and Page broke down when Page
wouldn't let Pete use his fuzzbox.  I keep hearing Zeppelin fans say
Page actually was on the song but I don't think it's true.

While on the subject, I would guess most of us know the _real_ story
behind the name "Led Zeppelin"  (and it's not the "you'll go down
like a lead zeppelin" Keith Moon story either).