RE: 71, 73, 69 ?Sun Dec 7 12:10:24 PST 1997

First post to the list.  I'm not getting the box until next week, so this
might be redundant!

>Date: Tue, 19 Jul 1994 15:32:58 +0200 (MET DST)
>From: Svante Borjesson <dat93sbo@bach-10>
>Subject: Re: more box
>

>Hi everybody,
>
>Just discussing a few issues in recent posts...
[...]
>Lifehouse tracks:
>
>I don't think that "I don't know myself" was to be included in Lifehouse,
>but it was rerecorded in 1971 among the more familar "Baba O'Riley" etc.
>and other Who tracks. I think that the released studio version of "Naked
>eye" was recorded during these session.

Odds and Sods states that Naked Eye was recorded in 1969, along with
Postcard and Water, for an intended EP (which obviously never materialised).
 In the OaS liner notes Pete says that this version (studio) of Naked Eye
remained in the can as he'd always hoped to get a really good live version.

>Also, in the box it says that "Pure and Easy" was recorded in 1973. This
>is not true, it was recorded in 1971 during the "Who's next" sessions. It
>might have been finished, or remixed in 1973 though.

Now if it had said 74, then that would tie in with finishing work on Odds
and Sods - certainly Postcard is stated to have been finished in 74.

Tape tree would be a fine idea.  Does anyone possess a list of candidate
'classic' material with sound gradings?  Anyone know if a complete Fillmore
68 has ever materialised - the 'old' vinyl editions always seemed to miss
off different tracks!?

MCW