Re: more box

Hi everybody,

Just discussing a few issues in recent posts...

"A quick one"(Alan)

Yeah, it's my belief to that this version is different from the one on
TKAA. I think they recorded the R&R circus twice, ie the Who did at least
two versions of the song.

About editing tracks:

Editing tracks seems like something the Who has been doing for a long
time. Tracks on "Live at Leeds" for instance were edited for the first
release in 1970. However I would prefer the long versions before the
edited ones. But on the other hand, most people who buy this box set will
be newcomers to the Who, I'm sure they won't mind much.

The inclusion of single versions instead of album versions is partly
motivated by the fact that a lot of people still regard the Who as a
singles band. I would prefer the long versions just the same.

Woodstock:

There really didn't happen much more after Pete had wacked Abbie with his
Guitar. Of course Pete was furious. The Who played one short song. "Do
you think it's alright"(?) But the Guitar was out of tune from Pete's
wacking about, and this only added to his frustration. After the song
Pete said: "The next bloke who gets up on stage will get FUCKING KILLED".
Whereupon the drugged audience cheered. Pete continued:  "You can laugh.
BUT I MEAN IT". Pete tuned his guitar and they resumed playing.

Lifehouse tracks:

I don't think that "I don't know myself" was to be included in Lifehouse,
but it was rerecorded in 1971 among the more familar "Baba O'Riley" etc.
and other Who tracks. I think that the released studio version of "Naked
eye" was recorded during these session.

Also, in the box it says that "Pure and Easy" was recorded in 1973. This
is not true, it was recorded in 1971 during the "Who's next" sessions. It
might have been finished, or remixed in 1973 though.

- Svante