World Wide Who

REGARDING                World Wide Who
Ian wrote:
>In my current issue of Stereo Review, there is an ad for the Who's
>new boxset and video.  At the bottom it says "Don't Miss the PBS
>Special This August".  Does anyone have any background on this?
I was just having a look at Adam Curry's World Wide Web server and discovered
some Who info in the Woodstock History section.  It is basically a promo for
the new box set and video but it mentions the PBS Special and describes it as a
one hour documentary which augments the video and box set.  It says it includes
rare & previously unseen footage but this may be stuff from the video.  Anyway,
check out the WWW site: metaverse.com for all the info.  Has a couple of cool
pictures too!  What's PBS anyway?

Also, for all you pinball junkies, there is a nice little guide to the Tommy
pinball machine availbe from ftp.rahul.net in /pub/sigma/pinball/rules via
anonymous ftp.

And, from Adam Curry's Cyber-Sleaze:
>In a twist similar to the Stones, Pete Townshend of The Who has stated that he
>feels the band should go on touring without him. His argument is that by doing
>so the band will turn on younger fans to their old albums as well. Besides,
>according to Pete, when Keith (Moon) died, there really wasn't a Who anymore.

Finally, for Daniel and any other Aussies on the list: that 1969 Amsterdam
concert CD which has appeared down here in a couple of different guises over
the past year or two has surfaced again in the WoolWorths bargain $4.99 CD bins
with a different cover yet again.
Oh yeah, the box set is on Polydor down here.

Regards,
Denis.