Comparing to other box sets.

First I'll start off with some coversation taken from other posts.

As for splicing the tracks, you get a third vote.  I don't understand
that at all.

Who Are You in edited form was not necessary, and neither was 5:15.
I have CD's that run 79 minutes in length.  I'm sure they could've
fit the intended versions on the disc.  Of course they ran the tunes
close together because of space taken up by Keith Moon's skits.
Though they do add life to the set, the music matters most.

When I first heard "Poetry Concerned", I thought it was Deja Vu
because I heard that song in the background previously.  It turns out
to be a Tony Iommi tune from Black Sabbath Vol IV, an album I haven't
heard in years.

All in all it's a good set and for those who don't like it at all,
you could've had worse.

For instance I think the Who box set is better than box sets released
by:

Elton John
Rod Stewart
The Rolling Stones
Led Zeppelin (one unreleased track per box set!! what a deal)
Steely Dan
Eric Clapton
Allman Brothers Band

IMHO this set ranks up there with Jethro Tull's 20th Anniversary box
set (the best) and Dylan's Bootleg Series.

Im not suprised Roger made that quote about Simon Phillips.  Like
Moon, he is a risk taker, who will attempt a drum fill where it looks
totally impossible on paper.  I know all about this because Keith
Moon was my main influence as a drummer when I first started.  If you
ever play with Moon, you sound like total noise without the band.
Though I moved on to later drummers who gave me a different
perspective, Moon was the one who got me excited and still does
today.  When I play the drums, I like to take the same kind of risks
he did.  Pete was right on when he talked about the inner metronome.
Not the greatest time keeper in the world, but he knew exactly when
to come back to the beat.