Re: box set and others

Hi everybody,

I'm not at the computer system 'm usually at, so I won't be able to quote
you guys properly, but here goes...

Thanks for all the critisism(raveing!) and input on the box and the
video, I won't add to the review list myself because I haven't bought the
box yet. I'm certain that I'll react the same way you have, though.

Actually, I went out today to shop around to find the store with the
lowest price tag. The first store had the box priced at 398 Swedish
Kronor. The box looked *great*, but I still wasn't satisfied, being
rather greedy, so I went around to other stores just to find it priced at
480 -490 S Kr. (BTW, I think 1 US $ is about 7 S Kr.) So I reckon I'll
buy it at that first store.

But, to my great disappointment I asked for the video, and THEY DIDN'T
HAVE IT!, neither did any of the other stores. What is this? Why are the
videos always coming out much later than in the US? (BTW, I suppose
Polygram is releasing "PT live" in Europe  after all because I saw it
reviewed (=promoted) on Filmnet, a European cable movie channel).

I also asked for the extended "Live at Leeds", but they hadn't heard of it.

My only critisism at this time is the shape of the actual box. I mean I
would have preferred the old LP format with a bigger booklet (Like the
Led Zeppelin box). The booklet included here looks more like a cheap
brochure.

On to other things...

I think Rich said that he had a semi official version of "Water" from
"Live at Leeds". Hey, what's this? I'd love to here it. Tell me more.

Also, I can really recommend the "Generations" fanzine. I have all the
issues issued so far, and they're all very interesting, except maybe for
the last one. But it seems that editor John Atkins has been busy with
other things lately, like writing a book about "Lifehouse" and helping
out to compile the "Max. live R&B" video. Chris Charlesworth and Irish
Jack have written letters included in one issue, and maybe they'll write
more in later issues. I think now with the release of retrospective stuff
the fanzine writers (mainly John Atkins) will have a lot to write about,
and I'm sure the next issues will be very good.

There are usually a lot of good and rare pictures in the mag aswell.

Well, that's it for now, I'll return when I've heard the box set....

- Svante