Re: Boot info.

        Reply to:   RE>> Boot info.
Svante,

A while ago now you wrote:
>Thanks for the info on the boots. The "Who live vol. 1" was especially
>interesting:
>
>1. Overture
>2. It's A Boy
>3. 1921
>4. Amazing Journey/Sparks
>5. Eyesight To The Blind
>6. Heaven And Hell
>7. I Can't Explain (Version 1)
>8. Fortune Teller
>9. Tattoo
>10. Summertime Blues
>11. Shaking All Over
>12. My Generation (Version 1)
>13. See Me, Feel Me (Version 1)
>14. I Can't Explain (Version 2)
>15. Happy Jack
>16. I'm A Boy
>17. My Generation (Version 2)
>18. See Me, Feel Me (Version 2)
>19 The Relay
>20 Long Live Rock

>I've always wondered if perhaps they played to concerts in Amsterdam, and
>perhaps, if they did, this is the reason why there are two versions of some
>songs on this disc.

>Well, actually, now that I glance through the tracklisting again I think that
>most tracks are from the US tour in '69. I have a tape at home with the exact
>same songs.

Well, my CD player is still dead but I've managed to listen to a couple of the
tracks at work and the quality so far is quite good.  Pete says some things
after "Shaking All Over" which may help in identifying the concert some of
these tracks come from.  He says: " Before we go back to England we'd just like
to say why don't all you f**kers who wanted to cause trouble, and that includes
the cops, why don't you go to Washington. 'Cos this is a rock and roll concert
- we're here to play you music and we're gonna finish off playing you music -
why don't you just relax - ? (can't quite make out this bit) - 'cos we know our
job, we do our job, right! and we do it right - SO WHY DON'T YOU F**KING SIT
DOWN! (pause) My Generation."

Relay and Long Live Rock are definitely off a Radio Show of some description as
you get a snippet of a ?German? announcer introducing the songs.  They are
certainly not live rceordings.

I'll let you know more as I get time to listen.

Denis.