bounced mail

No, You are not alone....I've gotten 2 messages so far as follows:

To: blair@printing.uwex.edu
From: an1@anon.penet.fi (The Anonymous Administrator)
Date: Tue,  6 Dec 1994 13:11:23 UTC
Subject: bounced mail

Unfortunately your mail bounced.  The mail was deferred and you could
try to send your mail again at a later date.  This bounce of mail
would have occurred even if you had not used anon.penet.fi.

Sorry about the inconvenience,

    Zarr

See, if your mail falls into one of the special cases:

1) UK:  Trying to mail in the UK-standard way, backwards.
   - Remember that the UK address system is backwards compared to the
     rest of the world. What you think is uk.foo.bar is bar.foo.uk seen
     from outside the UK... You have JANET to thank for that!

2) an9999:  You try to mail anon user an9999
   - Please send a message to ping@anon.penet.fi to receive an anon ID.
     You probably also want to send a message to help@anon.penet.fi to
     receive the help file.

3) Nickname:  If you have a parenthesis in your nickname:
   - Some mail systems can't handle your illegal From: address,
     caused by your nickname that has unbalanced parenthesis;
     for example you have a ":-)" as your nickname.
     I suggest you change your nickname as soon as possible
     and avoid parenthesis.

4) VMS VAX:  You try to mail in the format IN%"user@address"
   - The anon server is *not* a VMS VAX, so you shouldn't use that
     horrible decnet IN%"something" hack.  You just need to put the
     user@address into the X-Anon-To: field.

Failed message's headers:

help@anon.penet.fi.
 > Due to the double-blind, any mail replies to this message will be anonymized,
 > and an anonymous id will be allocated automatically. You have been warned.
 > Please report any problems, inappropriate use etc. to admin@anon.penet.fi.
To find out more about the anon service, send mail to help@anon.penet.fi.
Please report any problems, inappropriate use etc. to admin@anon.penet.fi.

I'm going to e-mail to let them know how absurd this seems...maybe
it's one of those funny things that happens once in a while.

"Sooner or later, your legs give way, you hit the ground; save it for
later, don't run away and let me down and let me down...."
YOU make the call.

********************************* "you've heard of the golden rule,
*lynn shimabukuro blair         *  haven't you boy?  Whoever has the
*university of wisconsin-madison*  gold, makes the rules."
*photographer                   *
*e-mail blair@printing.uwex.edu *  --jafar