Pete & Bette

>2) What exactly was Pete's connection with Bette Midler?  Was it more
>significant than just a friendly, professional relationship?

I read in either the 'Scoop' or 'Another Scoop' liner notes that Pete wrote
the song 'And I moved' (from 'Empty Glass) for Bette Midler to sing - I think -   and, possibly, the song for which the liner note was written. The only thing
that stands out in my memory is that the song was rejected. Check your liner
notes when you get home....BTW, what made you ask that? I've really never
heard anything about those two until I read those liner notes....
-the mayor