Wishful thinking, folks!

First off, I need to say that this post is a reaction to the wishful thinking on
this list lately, and is not intended as a personal flame to John Brawley...

> How about this: somehow let PT and the rest know the demand for a release
> of Lifehouse which would either be consolidated pre-recorded (old)
> material

Reissuing old recordings of that era...good idea, and I'd buy it.

> OR perhaps they could attempt to re-record the music now....

Ridiculous idea, a fantasy, ain't never gonna happen. Gee, and I thought this
list was nice break from some of the fanciful fanaticism of the Prince mailing
list!

> Who would like to guess the theme of his next concept-release if one occurs?

Ummmm, how about a story about fans who refuse to admit to themselves that the
Who broke up over ten years ago?

Remastered versions w/unreleased material and b-sides are a great idea, if PT
was involved, it would be even better. Again, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. But
creating "Lifehouse" in 1994 is like asking Brian Wilson to "finish" the "Smile"
album today (an idea he outright rejected a few years back).

Having a personal wish list is kind of fun, but a serious request to MCA for
some of the recordings/compilations talked about lately would be viewed as the
dreaming of a bunch of fan club Who loonies! (which I admit, I am!). If it won't
make money, we probably won't see it; and 200 units sold to members of this list
won't even cover the cost of the lawyers fees involved in figuring out PT's
royalites from a "Quadrophenia" or "Tommy" reissue project!

Now if you want to talk about lovingly packaged reissues put together for the
sake of the music alone, get somebody from Rykodisc or Rhino in on the deal! :)
(i.e. reissues of the caliber of Costello, Bowie, Zappa, Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band,
Zombies' "Odysee & Oracle")

Chuck