Quick notes...

    Date: Tue, 9 Aug 1994 20:29 CDT
    From: Wes Biggs <wbiggs@chaph.usc.edu>

    A few things, quickly, I wanted to mention:

    1) the Usenet group sounds great to me.

Indeed?  Have a gander at the enclosed samples:

------------------
   >I don't have the boxed set, but I have all of their albums.  My favorite
   >song, among some other great ones, is "Who Are You" released in the later
   >70s.  The album, WHO'S NEXT must have been their greatest piece of work
   >('73, I think).

   Yeah, Who Are You?  Released in 1978, is definately one of my
   favorites...  I only have that, Tommy and the boxed set...  I hear
   that Quadrophenia is an album that definately is worth checking out...
   but then isn't all who material like that?  :)
   --
       -=-Mach3-=-
   mach3@netcom.com

   : >Well, I like the who, and I just saw "Tommy" preformed at the
   : >Universial Ampatheatre up in Pasadena...  Pretty good show...  I
   : >really liked it..  So, what is everyone's opinion on the new boxed
   : >set?

   I don't know if what I heard was "the box set", but I heard someone's
   CD of "Tommy" the Broadway show or whatever it is, and I nearly
   got sick.  What a way to ruin great music.

   "I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!"  Velveeta cheese at its best.

   Long live THE WHO.
   Jason

   I've heard that most of the songs on Who's Next are from a never
   completed rock opera. Does anyone know more about this?

						   Peter Trei

   In article <329k5b$sk7@linus.mitre.org>,
   Peter Trei <ptrei@bistromath.mitre.org> wrote:
   >I've heard that most of the songs on Who's Next are from a never
   >completed rock opera. Does anyone know more about this?
   >
   >						Peter Trei

   Yes, it was going to be called Lighthouse.  Or at least it is always referred
   to as the Lighthouse project.  Apparently, it was going to be a story about
   a kid who sold his soul to the devil to play rock n' roll.  A little cliche,
   but I think Townsend could have done a great job.

   Steve Kaye

 Sun Dec  7 12:12:12 PST 1997