Simon is Pete's Brother

Hey Tom, you wrote this:

Umm, Simon Townshend is Pete Townshend's son!  (Last I heard ... unless
there's also a brother named Simon, but I doubt it.  BTW, Simon has had a
couple of solo albums.  I don't recall the titles right now, it's been a
few years.  The first one was release in 1983, when Simon was still a
teen-ager, and it was produced by his famous papa, our hero.  It's pretty
good.)

My response:

Once and for all, Simon Townshend is Pete's younger brother who is about
32 now.  This is fairly well known info and if you ever read any of the
lit regarding the Tommy recording sessions you will find out that young
Simon sang backing vocals on Smash the Mirror....and you will read that he
is Pete's brother.  If you read any of Simon's album covers you will read
that he is Pete's brother.  If you ever heard any of the interviews with
Simon you will hear that he even says that he is Pete's younger brother.
If you ask Pete or his mother, Mrs. Townshend, they will tell you that
Simon is Peter and Paul's younger brother.  I just can't be sure that it
wasn't the milkman.  Sorry for the blabbering but several people have been
referring to Simon as Pete's son which is simply not true.

John (no relation to Pete)