From: Warren C Welch [mailto:welchw@eecs.umich.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 12:39 PM
To: jettaglx@igtc.com
Subject: E-Brake Light Problems

98' GL
I have a problem when taking the emergency brake off. The indicator light
on the dash stays on sometimes, despite the fact that the brake is
disengaged. The car drives fine except the headlights will not come on
when the indicator light is illuminated on the dashboard. The
problem can be solved by turning the car off and back on again until
the light is off, but there has to be a better solution. Anyone had
similar problems and how easy is it to fix?
many thanks,
Neil