Re: 60K Service

On 10/29/02 1:07 PM, "Stefan Hudson" <hudson@mbay.net> wrote:

> Okay, this has been dealt with here way more than once, but I can't find
> the relevant posts.
>
> I'm dropping it off at an independant mechanic for the 60K service, and
> he needs to know what it needs for 60K service.  I could have sworn that
> 60K was a big service event, but looking at Bently, it seems like it's
> just a 20K interval... oil and brake check, basically.  It seems like the
> 40K interval is the big one.
>
> Am I just confused, or is there a lot of stuff to do at 60?  What are the
> important things he should check, if they're not listed in Bently?

It depends on what year your car is.  My '97 is on a 15/30 schedule - a
minor service every 15 and a major service every 30.  When I last took my
car to the dealership (they had an alignment deal going on) they showed me
the new "menu" geared towards the newer cars.  Which is much more expensive
and happens much more often.

--
                               John A. Kilpatrick
john@hypergeek.net                Email|     http://www.hypergeek.net/