From: John A. Kilpatrick [mailto:john@hypergeek.net]
Sent: Sunday, November 24, 2002 9:39 PM
To: jettaglx@igtc.com
Subject: Re: Overheating

On 11/24/02 6:35 PM, "Marc Gallagher" <mgallagher@Langan.com> wrote:

> Choices are either the thermostat is stuck closed (probably) or the water
> pump is shot.

Yeah, my dad and I came to the same conclusion.  This is the 2nd time in the
life of the car that I've had to have it towed...first time was a fuel pump,
but that was covered by the extended warrenty.

As soon as I saw the blinkie I pulled over...could overheating have damaged
the engine?  It started/ran fine in the brief time I ran it after, except
for the whole overheating thing. :-)

--
                               John A. Kilpatrick
john@hypergeek.net                Email|     http://www.hypergeek.net/