GOlf window regs

The deal:

I own a y2k golf.

I've had 8 failures over the last 18 months.

I filed "notice of final repair" with the state of florida and contaced the
BBB. This action got VW's attention.

I will be picking up a 2002 golf TDI this week. I negotiated terms for what is
legally required for mileage (wear and tear) on the 2000 golf. They have
agreed to these terms in order to avoid a court appearance and publicicity of
the window problem in a legal docket.

VW knows about hte problem, they aren't doing anything about it, and they are
hoping it will go away. They certainly aren't notifying owners, and this is
what has me incensed.

Year 2001 and up are apparently not afflicted with this problem, per the local
service department.

Fill out paperwork, log on and send VW a nasty gram (go to their web site) and
request money back or a new car. Don't bother talking to a customer rep until
you have filed the BBB paperwork or they will not listen.

Maybe if enough of us come after them they will solve what should be an easy
problem. I LOVE my TDI, and the VW brand, but apparently a bunch of drunken
monkies are running the place right now and are hell bent on ruining it. They
need new management, and fast, to prevent further problems.

Lardog,

2000 gls lux TDI (soon to be 2002).