RE: thoughts on wheels

How much are you looking to spend?

I'd go with 17s if you are lowered.  It really sets off the look very well.
Here are a few suggestions from www.edgeracing.com bundle packages.
They have some decent wheel/tire packages available for your GLX
Here are some links:

http://www.edgeracing.com/ERBundles/ERB%20Details.asp?WDE=R58&WDIM=17&MWGR=4
34

http://www.edgeracing.com/ERBundles/ERB%20Details.asp?WDE=RSR&WDIM=17&MWGR=4
34

http://www.edgeracing.com/ERBundles/ERB%20Details.asp?WDE=Racing&WDIM=17&MWG
R=434

I personally have 17x7.5" ABT A23 5x100 ET30 wheels.  I love them and they
get quite a few compliments.  They weigh exactly the same as my stock 15s
(38lbs w/ tire), so I'm happy.  The only problem is the price:  $340 each
brand new!  I bought a used set for $900 with tires already mounted.  Here
is a pics of them on my GTI VR6 lowered on H&R Cup Kit:

http://www.a2ipb.com/~csimpson/GTIVR6/images/GTIVR6-1.jpg

http://www.a2ipb.com/~csimpson/GTIVR6/images/GTIVR6-4.jpg

If you would be interested in buying a used set of wheels, check out
www.vwvortex.com/forums.html in the classifieds->wheels forum.  There is a
large amount of used wheels for sale in there.  Just make sure you get the
correct bolt pattern, offset, and tire size if you do.

If you have lots of money to spend, you can't go wrong with BBS, ABT/OZ,
Fiske, Kerscher, Borbet(I like type E & T).

-Chuck Simpson