starting problems

I've recently had some starting problems with my 98 GLX.  The car starts fine
cold, but when I drive it for a while, let it sit for a while and try to start it
again, it won't start.  The battery and the starter are fine, but the engine won't
start.  If I let it sit for a while longer, it will start fine, as if nothing has
happened.  This is intermittent, and has only happened about five times, but all
five times have been occurred within about a week.  Any ideas?

thanks,
jeff